2024 September Primary INSET: Stronger in Knowledge Together
A cost effective full-day face-to-face cross-curricular INSET day for primary teaching staff
Following the hugely successful 2023 September Primary Symposium, our 2024 event will once again offer primary schools in and around Hertfordshire the opportunity to come together again for a shared INSET experience.
Schools will be able to come together with all their teaching staff for their September INSET to receive high quality training on key aspects of primary education. This full day of face-to-face training will provide access to a range of highly experienced and expert speakers and workshop leaders.
Planned by our teams of subject-specific, expert primary education advisers, this event will provide school leaders with the opportunity to let us take the strain and provide your staff with a wide range of CPD that will support them and the unique challenges they have in your school setting. Staff and leaders alike will be able to relax, enjoy, and fire up their knowledge and enthusiasm for the year ahead.
The day will feature two keynote sessions, one with a maths focus and one with an English focus. In addition, there will then be range of workshops to select from over the course of the day covering a range of subjects and topical areas, with something for every specialism and experience level. These will include:
- Foundation Subjects
- Early Years
- Assessment for learning
- Accelerating progress for disadvantaged learners
- Wellbeing and behaviour
- Subject leadership and more
Delegates will benefit from access to up to date, relevant CPD which can be chosen according to requirements. The training will allow schools to develop key areas, and to consider positive impact on pupil outcomes over the year.
The charge for this event is £99 per person and includes lunch.
There will be a limited number of workspaces available to rent for the final hour of the day, should schools / leadership teams which to stay and consider implementation. These will be offered on a first come, first served basis. Please contact the HFL Events team at email@example.com for details on availability.
Feedback from our 2023 Primary INSET event:
- “I loved all - really well thought out and nice to come and hear it from someone external (an expert) to school but have us outside school to get in a good head space” Louise Whitby, Headteacher, Giles Junior School, Stevenage
- “I have taken the most away from the phonics and spelling for KS2 session and have already started making resources that were shown to us to add more value to my spelling lessons.” Angela Aylott, Year 3 Teacher Year Group Lead (English), Giles Junior School, Stevenage
- “Great start to the academic year” Katie Andrews, Deputy Headteacher, Ashwell Primary School, Baldock